New England Honda Guys
August 22, 2017, 04:39:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official 5th Annual Fall Ride Thread  (Read 7640 times)
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »

From another forum...an example of an organized ride...http://www.stromtrooper.com/new-england/58695-covered-bridges-ride-ne-streetriders.html

32 -38 riders!! Makes our little rides seem cozy Wink

"Covered Bridges ride with NE Streetriders
I've been hanging around nestreetriders.com. That's kind of a misnomer: it should more properly be "New England Track Day Fanatics and amateur racers." They are collectively pretty anti-squid, pro-gear riders.

A group ride was organized for last Sunday advertised as a 300 mile loop including a bunch of covered bridges: 11, as it turned out. The loop was more like 260 miles but with the ride up and back I covered 340 miles. It was hosted by Seacoast Sport Cycles in Derry, an Aprilia/Duvati dealer and Power Commander Tuning Center.

There were 32-38 riders but unlike every advrider group ride I've ever been on, it didn't get broken up. The lead rider and sweep had radio comms, which helped. A fair number of riders had full leathers, and a few even had Vanson racing suits.

We stopped at 100 miles for gas, in Harrisville NH for lunch and a visit to a custom builder's shop (http://www.waltsiegl.com/index.html), and another fuel stop at 185 miles. There were about 10 miles of dirt roads: would have been more but one was closed.

The pace was healthy but not likely to attract attention from anyone, including LEO. There were a few folks who seemed to struggle with the pace a bit here and there, but always caught up in short order.

The bikes as a group were quite a candy store. Several Ducati Multistradas and 848's. A BMW S100RR. Several SV650's, an SV1000, and various GSX-R's. A 'busa, KLR650, Gladius and one V-Strom. "

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:02 PM »

I think 30 odd riders would have been a circus, pretty impressive that it went smoothly.
Personally, I'm proud to be part of our little band of casual irregulars, and I'm a bit uncomfortable with people who wear racing leathers on a group ride. Cool to check out what other groups are doing though, and interesting to hear about. I wonder if there'll be a Mongolian or Pashtun group of locals for you to share a ride with Andy!

See you Sunday/Saturday,
Ben
Alan F.
Global Moderator

Miles away from everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:18 AM »

I'll be with you Sunday.

Sunday looks like a much warmer morning than Saturday, temps in Acton around 9am are predicted to be in the mid 40's. Thats about ten degrees warmer than the same time Saturday morning.
Alan
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:53:58 AM by Alan F. » Logged
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »

Call me a light-weight but if it looks like it's going to rain Sunday, I'm going to pass. Andy, I'm going over to Mike's Saturday morning to help him pull an engine, I'll be free in the afternoon to meet you if you're going to check out the route. Let me know if you want company.
I don't mind the cold, I'm well insulated, and I have a couple of bikes that throw a fair amount of heat.
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »

Sorry for your frustration. I'm sure it'll be a good time no matter who or how many folks show up.
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »

I'm there.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

Due to more riders wanting SATURDAY than Sunday the Fall Ride will now start SATURDAY morning at 9am. Same details just different day.

Its going to be so fresh so wrap up Wink

cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
mick750F
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »

I have a wedding to go to on Sat. which probably also puts me out of the running for Sun. as well. Have a great time, sorry to be missing it again.

Mike

Who is the lucky girl Mike? Just remember to say "Yes" at the appropriate time...e.g. "Do you want a beer" -"Yes!'..."Do you want to marry __" - "No!" ....dont get them mixed up Grin Grin

Have fun!

Oh, I know when to say yes and no. The funny thing is, of the girls that have asked me to marry them not one of them has asked me if I wanted a beer before they popped that question. I guess they didn't know me very well...

I'm kinda glad you guys are now riding on Sat. because I really can't make it on Sat. whereas Sun. would have been...(insert whiny voice) I was up late, I don't feel good, who's that babe next to me in bed. Grin Grin Grin

Mike
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Have a great time Mike.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

Wow what a ride! Im running out the door again...but a few pics for now...

The Start

The Pit Stop  Wink

The Empty Road...and just before the wonderful Rt 137!!!

The View

Keene, NH

Ben was tempted...

The final  coffee...

All Lit Up Wink

Great ride! Thanks for a very good day! And great timing for me...home by 3.50pm!

cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »

Thanks for organizing this beautiful day Andy! Great roads of all kinds:-) plus a fantastic weather and very enjoyable company!
I made it to work at 4:15 and now I'm home enjoying a very well deserved glass of scotch and a cigar. Life is good Smiley

Cheers everyone,
Peter

“Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”
mick750F
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »

Looks like you guys had a great day, sorry I couldn't make it. I'll get some time in tomorrow though, poking around northeast coastal MA and maybe popping up to NH.

I'd never been to a Quaker wedding before, I was told that it was a bit like a Quaker service, which I've never been to either. Fortunately only the bride is a Quaker...the groom is a heathen so we get along great. Cheesy Actually I get along great with both of them, they live in the cottage behind my place here at the Rio Sindoni. It was a great day with plenty of interesting folks and tons of great food however I kept feeling a rather large pull most of the afternoon whispering to me that it was my favorite kind of riding day. C'est la vie...

Mike

Oh, and while I'm here...Roctober is nearly over so that means there's a November beer night quickly approaching. If we start discussing it now then there's a good chance we'll know where we are going before the last week of the month. Okay there, I've done it. I mentioned November beer night. Shocked Grin Grin

Yeah...still Mike
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »

Glad the wedding was fun Mike, but we missed you!
It was a great day however! Thanks to Peter P. and M., Alan, and especially Andy for organizing and including my ancient carcass.
Here's a few more photos:

azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »

More photos:
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »

Very good photos Ben and I like the commentary on each one - great idea!

Cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: