New England Honda Guys
September 24, 2017, 10:44:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday before Turkey Day Ride  (Read 1587 times)
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »

Today, Andy and I went to meet some people from the ADV forum for breakfast. The plan was to meet at 10am at PineCroft Dairy in W. Boylston. I had originally intended to go backroads from Norwood thru Norfolk, into Franklin, then Bellingham, Hopedale, Blackstone, Sutton, Millbury and finally skirt around WooTown to W. Boylston. Unfortunately, electrical problems with the Vstrom got us heading out late. We eventually ended up going the back way to 495, then 290 and 190.
Breakfast at the restaurant was very good, and about 15 to 18 or so people showed up on a myriad of bikes. Andy can insert his group shot here...

After hearing people's tales of rides thru Nova Scotia, and all parts of New England, North Carolina and West Virginia, it was time to head off.

We essentially hopped on Rte. 31 and followed that from W.Boylston thru Sterling and Princeton til we arrived at Mt. Wachusett. I had a feeling that the road to the top was closed, since it had been closed for the season since after Columbus Day, but I thought it worth a try to see if the unseasonable weather had prompted the DCR to open it. It was closed. The large number of bikes we passed along the way, and the groups of bikes in the parking lot at Wachusett told me I wasnt the only one with that idea.

Back in Princeton, we hopped on Rte.62 and followed that east, stopping for some photo ops...

Princeton Library...

Wachusett Reservoir in Clinton...

Once we got thru Clinton and Berlin, I got us onto Sawyer Hill Rd., a twisting hilly farm road that cuts from Berlin to Hudson. Soon enough, it was onto the highway and the return ride home.
I dont know where Andy turned off, but I got off in Hopkinton, took 85 to 16 to Holliston, then empty backroads to home.

All in all, an enjoyable day, somewhere around 130 miles of autumn riding.

Dissension based upon morality is how this country came to be.
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »

Nice! I didn't get out today, but yesterday Peter P. and I ran out to Barre for lunch, taking a few circuitous routes and putting on about 160 miles. I made the mistake of wearing a t-shirt under a leather jacket, it was in the middle 40's west or Worcester in the hills. Great time, I think Peter took some photos.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:19:22 PM »

Here are some shots from the diner...a good collection of bikes including this interesting Gamma which I had never seen before

and the owner in the middle of the two women

Nice KLR

Final group shot before parting.

Same library as Chris shot but from a better angle Wink

I was following Chris down I-495 but he was in too  much of a hurry for me...I also got off in Hopkinton, took 85 to 16 to Holliston, then empty backroads to home   Cool via Sherborn and Dover. Ben should recognise this place

Came home changed the K4 oil, changed the front wheel over to my spare (axl works great Peter thank you!)

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

Was this the little sucker?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1986-suzuki-rg-500-gamma.htm
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »

Thats the one!

CB810K2 road racer
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

Looks like you had a great time guys! Nice pictures both of you!

I did 21 miles yesterday, but on a bicycle. We went to the CCRT - Cape Cod Rail Trail. I dropped off Silva and Eric at the beginning of it, drove to the other end and then started in the opposite direction. We met almost in the middle. They rode 11.5 miles and I did 10.5. After that we rode back to the car. Very nice weather, not many people and great scenery made it for a wonderful day.

Here are the two pictures I took on the great ride to Barre with Ben. Thanks again Ben for the spectacular roads you picked, for lunch and for the best end of a ride - a shot of single malt!

Cheers,
Peter

“Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »

Ah got to love Barre! How is the bike running Peter? Good on the twisties I bet?

CB810K2 road racer
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

It's running great! I changed the rear tire and it made a huge difference. So easy to ride, so much fun. Yeah, it is four cylinder 1000cc bike, but after I got used to it, it doesn't bother me anymore.
BTW, I dropped already:-)

azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »

Peter got a great bike, quicker than I thought it would be. It's got a tiny crack in the plastic on the right side, which if he acrylates it, won't get any bigger.

The big news for Peter is that in a month he hits the big 4 oh, we should have a beer night to roast him!
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

Oh, right. Beer night! The very reason I joined the club:)

Not many days left this month. Should we try to make one next week, or should we skip it and aim for the next?

andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 11:32:15 PM »

The big news for Peter is that in a month he hits the big 4 oh, we should have a beer night to roast him!

Agreed! Wink

CB810K2 road racer
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 01:20:52 AM »

Nice im in!  Gramps you are in trouble.   Wink

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »

Nice im in!  Gramps you are in trouble.   Wink

You talking at me, boy?

Seriously, I'm free(or at least cheap) every eve but Wednesday next week. Peter's birthday, if I am correct, is not until later in December, so we could set a later date and still have good roasting potential!
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »

I believe that little boy, who I am sure is Justin Bieber's biggest fan, was talking to me.  Grin

Let's have a November beer night on Tuesday next week.

Then we can have a December beer night next month. And yes, my Birthday is next month. 24th to be exact.

Cheers,
Pete

azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

I apologize but can't make Tuesday, I forgot I have a rehearsal for a Wednesday eve date. Monday or Thursday work for anyone?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: