Loring Maine - Land Speed Competition

<< < (2/2)

azure:
Loring is an old Air Force base, as I recall, and I think Martha once did a bunch of stuff for a big Phish concert up there.
I guess one of the runways are where they run?

andy750:
Quote from: frostypuck on April 17, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

(Then of course Andy and I rode another 60km of dirt roads at night to get pizza, with only the deer and meese to watch our passing)

You make it sound so genteel  ::)

frostypuck:
I just remember being able to not see anything due to the dust, fog and bug splat, and going back the same way the next a.m. and wondering how we ever made it in the dark.  ;D
If you guys go there for the races, maybe you can camp at Mount Carleton, and maybe Fanny is working there again this year... ::)

andy750:
Quote from: frostypuck on April 18, 2013, 08:22:34 AM

I just remember being able to not see anything due to the dust, fog and bug splat, and going back the same way the next a.m. and wondering how we ever made it in the dark.  ;D
If you guys go there for the races, maybe you can camp at Mount Carleton, and maybe Fanny is working there again this year... ::)

Ah Fanny the little Frenchie...what a cutie and the accent mmmm!  ;D

Yeah the 60km ride for dinner was "fun" riding the back dirt roads was ok aside from the dust and bugs, it was the high speed blast down the deer-infested paved roads while wearing a tinted visor and being super-hungry that got me  ;) :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page