New England Honda Guys
July 26, 2017, 02:41:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard case for the 750F, a repost from SOHC4  (Read 1224 times)
Vreihenmotor6

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »

hey guys, I posted this over on SOHC4, I got a lot of inspiration from Andy's pelican case on his 750:

my job sometimes requires that I bring small parts to and from the machine shop/ anodizers and some papers to the main office occasionally. I've tried riding with bags, but they just aren't my cup of tea, nor are tank bags, I spent alot of time making my bike look nice and clean and I don't really want to farkle it up too much

I got a good deal on a set of bates hard bags last year on here and was considering mounting them, I mocked up the fitment with one and the result was:

tons of space, but too bulky in my mind to be on there on a daily basis

so I looked around for other options, one that I found was a pelican style case, I found a good deal on a used army surplus starlight case originally used for storing night vision goggles

I had originally intended to make a rack to mount it over the tail section, but after mocking up different fitments I think the rear passenger peg on the left side worked out best

its affixed with machined stainless steel brackets and stainless hardware, currently lockable with a padlock, but I intend to put a tool box style cam lock in the top to make it keyed

I am also having a custom local bag maker make a nylon insert pocket for it so I dont have to worry about stuff getting caught in the lower seal

riding impressions: so far so good, it sticks out no further than the turn signal and I can still squeeze by my car in the driveway, I lost the rear passenger left peg, but I've never carried a second person so thats not a big deal to me
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »

Looks like it will work just fine, and you could put stuff, like a sleeping bag on top of it if you want to. The only thing I might suggest, if you havenít already incorporated it into your mount is the ability to easily remove the bag, so you donít have to unload everything if you stop some place for the night. Otherwise, happy motoring!
Vreihenmotor6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »

The only thing I might suggest, if you havenít already incorporated it into your mount is the ability to easily remove the bag, so you donít have to unload everything if you stop some place for the night. Otherwise, happy motoring!

its bolted on there pretty firmly making it quick release wouldn't work too well, the idea I had was have a custom liner made that can come out easily, I might even see if I can turn the liner into a shoulder bag of sorts
Vreihenmotor6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »

I installed the custom bag liner I commissioned from a friend who makes messenger bag for bicycles
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

Looking good.

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »

Nice!

ďOld enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose itĒ
andy750
Global Moderator