Helmet review -Shoei Neotec - the love affair is over

<< < (3/4) > >>

azure:
If I understand right, the Neotech causes more buffeting than the other 2? The top air scoop sure appears to stick up higher. It would seem to me that when your head( and helmet) is off angle to the wind, that it would cause buffetting.

BTW, I am so oldskool I thought one chugged Bud.

andy750:
Every helmet-bike combination is going to be different so the Neotec may be good on the K4 but crap on the VStrom with my particular fairing. Wearing ear plugs helps a lot but not sure I want to be wearing ear plugs all the time while wearing this helmet.

fyi- The X-11 is not good on the K4 (too much buffeting) but is great on the K2 (more forward leaning) and the VStrom. The TZR is good on everything but its now discontinued - too cheap and successful no doubt  :-\

knowsnothing:
The neotec looks like it has a way bigger field of view.  especially on the periphery.

andy750:
Quote from: knowsnothing on May 03, 2013, 12:03:42 PM

The neotec looks like it has a way bigger field of view.  especially on the periphery.

It does look that way but it dosent have a wider field of view due to the Pinlock inserts on the shield which you see when turning your head. Maybe something to get used to.

andy750:
Well the love affair with the Neotec is over...it just isnt going to work out. Not only do I look like Robocop with the sun visor down, with the chin section up, the cheek pads make me look like Mr Hamster or a slightly dim Andy. Yes I know  I can replace the cheek pads for another $42 + shipping but its not enough...tonight riding home in the rain was the final test...did the Pinlock system work for me -short answer - NO!

Maybe I am expecting too much. I put the helmet on in the rain...visor fogs up instantly. I ride for a mile and it mostly clears but there is one persistent foggy section in the upper left field of view. It eventually clears on the highway but once off and on Rt 9 at a stoplight the fogging begins again. I take off with a slightly foggy view. Visor is always shut and not open a crack as I would do normally (I mean isnt this what the Pinlock is for?). Even in the morning mist it was not clear. I expected a clear fog-free field of vision according to the advertisement. Not for me  :-\

I dont see this being better than my old TZ-R. And now I am looking at a RF-1100 instead.

So...its for sale. Anyone want a nearly-new XL Shoei Neotec?  8)

Anyone interested send me a PM!

cheers
Andy

cheers
Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page