New England Honda Guys
September 23, 2017, 05:37:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 70's Shoei Hard Bags  (Read 1289 times)
cabrala

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »

Hey guys and gals,

Going through some of the things I have been storing and am looking to sell the Shoei hard bags that came on my F. I have realized that I am probably never going to use them, especially with the large rear case that I am keeping for traveling.

The bags are painted black and in decent condition for its age. One of the brackets does have a crack and one of the case's tops has separated from the hinge. IMHO, these would be a good candidate for a refurbishment if you wanted them to look like this:

Or they could just be used on a runner after a few fixes. These bags are fairly hard to come by with integrated turn signals, brackets, etc., but I am only looking to get $100 out of them and a good home to someone who will put them to better use than I. You guys have first crack but I'll throw them on the big forum sometime this week and on eBay thereafter.

As always, if you have any questions or need more information feel free to be in touch.

-Alex
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »

I used to have bags just like that! But then I gave them away glad to have the space back Wink Good luck selling them!

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »

Gee Andy,

Why not just come out and tell Alex his bags are worthless?

Hey Alex, those might be a great reason to go to a m/c flea market!
Do they have much value on ebay?

cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »

I used to have bags just like that! But then I gave them away glad to have the space back Wink Good luck selling them!

Thanks for the well-wishes Andy; we will see how it all goes. I'm in no real rush, but wouldn't mind recouping a small amount of money on the F's "fix-it" list and of course gain some extra room.
cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »

Gee Andy,

Hey Alex, those might be a great reason to go to a m/c flea market!
Do they have much value on ebay?

I was thinking about a swap meet or something! I just don't know of many around here that are not Rice-o-Rama...

eBay has a set up there now in pretty rough shape for $150-ish plus shipping. Then there are just a few components being sold here and there. They are hard to find, but the key is that I need to find someone who is actually looking... Grin

I assumed from the get-go that they'd be an eBay item, but I always like giving you gents first dibs. Anders was interested and is looking for a set but he passed due to them needing work to get them to what he wants.
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »

Hmm i have a set too.  Let me know how much you put them up for, i will put mine up right after  for $20 less Grin

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »

Hmm i have a set too.  Let me know how much you put them up for, i will put mine up right after  for $20 less Grin

We will see my friend...

You can sell yours for $20 and I'll give you a good deal on replacing them...
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:39 PM »

Gee Andy,

I think you took it the wrong way Ben. I usually give all my bike stuff away for free and in this case it was no different as I gave them to a friend in need.  I am now trying to rectify my problem as I usually end up needing the stuff I give away  Cool. Also I am too lazy to ship Wink. Im pretty sure Alex can get $100 for these bags easy enough.

Good luck Alex!
cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »

You give away stuff for free! Like tires (tyres)? Garage space? Beer? How about a rack of carbs Wink
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »

Did someone say free beer!!  Cool

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »

Oh good! I could not understand why you would say what I thought you said....

Gee Andy,

I think you took it the wrong way Ben. I usually give all my bike stuff away for free and in this case it was no different as I gave them to a friend in need.  I am now trying to rectify my problem as I usually end up needing the stuff I give away  Cool. Also I am too lazy to ship Wink. Im pretty sure Alex can get $100 for these bags easy enough.

Good luck Alex!
cheers
Andy
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »

You give away stuff for free! Like tires (tyres)? Garage space? Beer? How about a rack of carbs Wink

Yeah dont push it  Cool

CB810K2 road racer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: