New England Honda Guys
June 25, 2017, 04:47:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look what followed me home this weekend...  (Read 2896 times)
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 06:38:38 AM »

She goes pretty good.  There is still an idle issue i need to figure out, but out side of that she runs strong.

Man, those pilot jets must be fairly small! Is it hard to access the plugs on the 400 engine?
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 10:13:09 AM »

Hey Treeve how about a ride this Saturday? Are you free? Saturday am start? Nothing dramatic just a ride somewhere.

Hey Andy,

I would love to, but i have a couple issues.  First, I already have plans to take the kayak out and do a little bass fishing Saturday morning with a buddy.  Second, my inspection sticker on both bikes expired 5/31.  The local guy where i go get them inspected is only open on Saturdays and had been know to be a douche in the past so I have to get the bikes running tip top before i take them in.  I probably won't get a chance to get them inspected until next weekend. 

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 10:21:03 AM »

She goes pretty good.  There is still an idle issue i need to figure out, but out side of that she runs strong.

Man, those pilot jets must be fairly small! Is it hard to access the plugs on the 400 engine?

Yeah they are pretty small.  The plugs are easy to access.  The issue isn't that the bike won't idle, the issue is that when the bike is idling, it will randomly surge.  The first two things i am going to check are cable routing and air leaks.  When I put in the 400f engine, i upped the idles from 35s to 40s because that's what i read somewhere.  Well it turns out that was a bad idea because the bike was running super rich, idled like shit, and fouled the plugs.  I didn't switch them back because i knew the new exhaust was coming and it would flow a little better.  Turns out the new exhaust seems to do ok with the larger idles, its just the surging issue.  Outside of idling, the bike feels happy.   

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »

Air leaks seem the likely culprit. Synching didn't make any difference , I am assuming. Not that it matters, but are you running points?
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »

No worries Treeve another time - good luck getting the bikes running!

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: