New England Honda Guys
June 25, 2017, 04:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 750F Problems (Updated w/ Power Outage)  (Read 5063 times)
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »

It doesn't look like i am going to be able to make it this sunday  Angry , will have to catch up some other time.

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
Vreihenmotor6

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »

I still have that wire for you if you need it, I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing on Sunday, so I'm not sure if I can make it but feel free to swing by and grab the wire if you need it
cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

The FZR lives!

I spent time this morning reviving the beast after a power outage (yes, this one too). Turns out that I blew the main 30A fuse while finishing up my voltage regulator job in the dark. I went back over all of the work and we are running within specification; about 14V to the battery instead of 18-22V.

I'll have Anders take a peek but this fix will allow us the opportunity to focus mostly on the F bike.

John, no big deal on the wires at this point. The stock harness was longer than anticipated so I used that to finish the job cleanly. If you don't want the wires for your own stock, I'll take them for mine but no hurry at all. Hope you're feeling better.

Treeve, it has been too long buddy. Hope to see you soon.
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »

The FZR lives!

Great!!!!

“Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

Excellent! Make yourself a cup of joe and eat an ice cream. If it works for Anders, who knows what problems you will solve next!!
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »

Good news Alex! Best time to ride is now! I was out this morning and could have kept on going....

About Sunday morning- i cant make it at that time anymore but will be around late afternoon (after 3.30pm) if you guys are still at it...i doubt you will be but just in case. Good luck in any case! Let me know if you need anything from my garage.

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

I will swing by around 9:30 or 10:00.

cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »

And the 750 lives!!

Anders rolled into town just a touch past 9AM with the obligatory greeting of, "I better not have come all this way for nothing". Well he fixed my electrical problem within the first half hour and looked at me inquisitively for the next task. The electrical gremlin turned out to be a burnt up ignition switch and some cruddy fuse connections. I swapped switches and am tasked with cleaning the fuse box as well as some of the other components corroding over the years.

In addition to the electrical, we rerouted the brake lines and I learned where the copper washers were supposed to be placed. A good laugh was had on my expense and as Treeve and Peter arrived the comedy continued as expected. The bike was having a heck of a time turning over and sparking the cylinders so off came the points cover. Anders immediately honed into the lack of grease and nonexistent points gap. Laughing ensued as he swore and cursed the poor maintenance on my end. I stand by my excuse of just riding the bike this season but I should have checked that stuff as routine.

We got everything running and I took it for a quick spin to get new gas and try to purge what Anders thinks is some water in the carbs. I'm not sure how that could've happened but my gas can has been outside, under the porch and likely leaked. My hope is to get on it tomorrow at some point and try to clear it out. I was chastised for neglecting the F in lieu if the FZR and I cannot argue so I'll be making it a point to balance my time Smiley .
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »

I had a good time!

cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

I had a good time!

I really appreciated you and Treeve stopping by! Glad you had some fun before work.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:25 PM »

Great stuff Alex and glad you and Anders got everything fixed while the peanut gallery looked on Wink Sorry to have missed it!

cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »

Great stuff Alex and glad you and Anders got everything fixed while the peanut gallery looked on Wink Sorry to have missed it!

cheers
Andy

You missed a hilarious time.  My sides are sore from laughing so much. 

cabrala

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

Just picked up a new points assembly so that I can actually feel some of the 750 power. The whole NOS assembly from JT Marks ended up being $10 more than a pair of OEM points and condensers.

Now for some proper throttle cables as both have seen their limits. Andy, I'll hopefully grab that push off of you soon!
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »

Why didnt you buy a Dyna S? Set it and forget it!

cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »

Why didnt you buy a Dyna S? Set it and forget it!

cheers
Andy

because they have been known to overheat and fail leaving you stranded.   Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: