New England Honda Guys
September 25, 2017, 11:53:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB750 -cheap!  (Read 924 times)
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »

This is a good deal...if I wasnt going for a ride tomorrow Id call the guy...

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/901824457.html

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
gene03079

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »

I sent him an email today. He said he has not started it.  $500.00 was his bottom. I was fishing for the wheels and tires. If the price were lower it would be a deal for me just for the tires and wheels.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »

Its a deal already...sidecovers and tank are worth $$s and the rest could be parted out to make way more than $500...and the engine on the K8s were solid.

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
mick750F
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »

So close yet no title... Cry Cry Maybe it's time to buy a titled frame and use this as a parts supply for a custom ride? I'll try to take a look at it this weekend if it's still available.

Mike
UnCrash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:56 AM »

That's a great buy!.

I've got a titled 74 frame/roller hanging out in my garage.....

Where there's a will there's a way
phactory

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »

In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you DO NOT need a title to register this (or any) bike! All you need is an old registration and with that you can get a Title. This bike is a STEAL! If it were closer it would already be in my garage.

I will also bet that with the VIN # of the bike that you can search the registry's database and come up with an old registration. I know that I have done this in Rhode Island and can only imagine that Massachusetts has the same capability.

Phil
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:11:25 PM by phactory » Logged

"There are only two true sports: bullfighting and auto racing. The rest are simply games," Ernest Hemingway

1971 CB750K1
1973 CB750K3
1976 CB550F1

frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »

Actually, you need a reg from a state (not Mass.) that doesn't issue titles for vehicles of a certain age. NH and CT come to mind. But beyond that the seller doesn't say that it had been registered in one of those states. His little paper from the SP is worthless in Mass.
Even if you get an untitled NH bike, there needs to be a valid registration for it, and if the seller doesn't have one on hand, but says he can get one, it usually requires paying back property taxes for the state of NH to issue a replacement registration.
Been there, done that too many times.
Chris

Dissension based upon morality is how this country came to be.
phactory

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 08:05:18 AM »

Chris,

A registration from any state will work. It doesn't have to be a state that doesn't issue titles. There was a long period of time when vehicles 10 years and older did not need a title in the Commonwealth of Mass. I have gone through this personally in this state.

I still say that you could go to the registry with the VIN # and they could do a search and reproduce the last registration that was valid here. As I said earlier, I have done this in Rhode Island and it was actually very easy.

If I have time I will call the Registry today to confirm.

Phil

"There are only two true sports: bullfighting and auto racing. The rest are simply games," Ernest Hemingway

1971 CB750K1
1973 CB750K3
1976 CB550F1

gene03079

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »

Man I looked at that ad for an hour last week. Even talked with the guy and he has $500.00 as his bottom line. I was contemplating taking the trailer over and picking it up.

I am trying to keep the bike projects in my garage on track. I have the SL175 paint done waiting on me to assemble the bike. The 550 is up and running but it is also waiting on me to do some last minute things and take it for a ride. I looked at the 750 as a donor for tires and a front rim only. Andy bout hit me with a 2x4 letting me know it was a steal. I resisted the temptation. But if one of you guys doesn't but this soon, my addiction to bikes will take over.

If one of you should take possession of this fine machine and have a hard time with the Registry let me know. I live across the boarder and titles are easy to get here. One notarized form and a form for the local Police to fill out and your on the way. I did my 550 this week and it took about an hour. The state will mail me the title in a few weeks. I have the plates and registration now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: