Anyone use these?

(1/3) > >>

azure:
https://www.decibullz.com/product/custom-molded-earplugs/

frostypuck:
Not that brand specifically, but I got some molded earplugs at a twisted throttle event once. I stopped using them after I got some $9 skullcandy in ear earbuds that do a great job at ambient noise isolation, and are multi-purpose. I use them on the bike (with or without music), mowing the lawn with music, on flights and watching movies on my laptop. I was actually telling someone yesterday that I'm worried that these will fail soon after 5 years of hard use and I wont be able to replace them.

azure:
what interests me about these, Chris, is that they really don't fit in the ear canal, but cover the area superficial to it, like an external plug, I understand.

I also have some fitted silicone plugs, but they are not headphones like yours, which are very nice.

All best to you!

Alan F.:
They do seem interesting but I never did see an actual noise reduction rating anywhere on their website so I could compare them directly to other earplugs.

Then I found this which leaves me uneasy:

"-The EPA has selected the Noise Reduction Rating as the descriptor of hearing protector effectiveness to be utilized on the labels required by U.S. EPA Regulation 40 CFR Part 211 Subpart B. Decibullz makes no warranties as to the suitability of NRR as a measure of the actual protection afforded to the individual user."

EDIT... It's on the box in the photos, NRR 31

azure:
I am not sure why an independent rating, by the EPA, makes you uneasy Alan? A 31 db reduction is significant, as each 3 db is a perceived as half of the initial sound pressure, although this gives no sense of the frequency band that is reduced. In general, high frequency is cut more than lower frequency, due to the proportional relationship of sound pressure to wave length. Highs are what is most easy lost, while too much low frequency input has a tiring effect, at least on me. And that is the sum total of what I think I know on this subject! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page