Owl's Head Vintage Motorcycle Festival September 2-3 2017

(1/2) > >>

JBMorse:
http://owlshead.org/events/detail/vintage-motorcycle-meet

Are any of you folks attending this show this year? I have not yet been, but this year I'm going up for the weekend. It's about a 3.5 hours ride for me so I'll be staying overnight.

If you ride a vintage bike admission is free!

andy750:
I used to go every year. I highly recommend it. Great location as well. I cannot make it this year sorry.

Have a good trip and post some pics!
cheers
Andy

frostypuck:
Quote from: andy750 on August 15, 2017, 08:31:38 PM

I used to go every year. I highly recommend it. Great location as well. I cannot make it this year sorry.

Have a good trip and post some pics!
cheers
Andy

Same here I went for several years in a row. Like any show, you tend to see the same things year after year, but this one has by far the most variety and there's other stuff to do while there.
I used to make a whole weekend out of it by staying up north by Bar Harbor and riding down on the sunday, but I would consider a 1 dayride up and back...

Chris

azure:
I flew in one year with a friend, and rode up another. Great show of bikes, cars and planes! I thought I remembered that it was an all inclusive show, but in looking at the website, the plane weekend is seperated, and there are no cars.Ugh fighting one's memory is tiring!

As traffic can be a bit heavy, my suggestion would be to try to schedule travel times so traffic is as light as possible, especially returning,
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

JBMorse:
Thanks guys, it will be a fun weekend for sure. I've booked a campsite nearby, right on the ocean, so we can spend the weekend. The plan is to ride up Friday afternoon. I planned a route that avoids RT 1 and most of the coast since I'll be coming from Eastern NH.
There's lots to do before the trip, including mounting my new Avons, chain and sprockets, and 3k mile tuneup. I'm also going to install my vintage Bates saddlebags, which I believe we're for a CB77 so some assemble required :)
I'll try to take lots of pictures! Also, I know there are other interesting sites and galleries nearby in Rockland and Camden. It's been a while since I've visited there so it will be fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page