Breakdown of lane splitting crash

(1/1)

frostypuck:
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/video-breakdown-what-does-this-crash-say-about-lane-splitting?

andy750:
Saw comments that this video proves lane splitting is unsafe. Do not agree with that conclusion. Out of all lane splitters in CA and rest of world crashes like this not so common. Was it avoidable? Yes.

azure:
I believe in the freedom to do what one feels best maintains safety while riding. Passing on a double yellow line judiciously when the person in front of you rides their brakes is one example. My personal feeling is that lane splitting is dangerous, and only employ it in places like effin SoCal, where the 100 degree temp and ridiculous traffic make you feel that you are hurting your bike just by running it. I do feel it should be legal to do so with rider discretion, knowing full well that the rider always takes responsibilty for their actions, whether successful or not.

frostypuck:
The author addresses the "lane splitting is unsafe" comments. Some smart regulations around lane splitting would be wise. The guy was going 40 thru essentially stopped traffic.

andy750:
California tried to post regulations for lane splitting and took them down. You dont need regulations to lane split only common sense. Everywhere else in the world motorcyclist lane split without the need for regulations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index