New England Honda Guys
August 23, 2017, 05:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's CB750K3  (Read 6440 times)
Alan F.
Global Moderator

Miles away from everything

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

I'm finally getting some work done, have a look see:   http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=46082.0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:51:00 PM by Alan F. » Logged
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:47:34 PM »

Good to see someone is working on their bike! I tried to get the sv650 going yesterday but the battery was too low. I'm having some issues with it that I'm going to have to track down, but I'm right in the middle of rehabbing a Fender Rhodes piano.
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »

Hey there Ben, I'm glad to hear you're getting over the flu.  I've got to make spacers for the front and rear wheels, and maybe a shim for the sprocket to get it into the calculated chain line, but that's all to get it rolling.  I may use my stock fork ears, they'll fit on the forks but aren't in very good shape, maybe I'll fab some aluminum ones and paint them gray too, yeah and my airbox and headlight bucket too! (I love spontaneous ideas) I've got to assemble the front and rear brakes, and get the new rear tire mounted up, but that's about it for the chassis.  Oh, I still have to degrease the frame and paint it.  Then I'm back to work on the engine, still have to get those studs changed out, and reassemble the top end.  Engine side and cam covers will be polished and attached with a stainless screw kit, fork lowers will stay close to the color they are now and I want to top them off with gaiters to keep the style correct and hide those ugly fork tubes.  The front wheel needs to look more like the rear, I'm not sure just what to do there yet.  But it's coming along, with 6 more weeks of winter I'd better get moving, right?

Good luck with the SV, and your Fender Rhodes piano too!
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

After some considerable thought about what to do about front tire choice given the 3.5" wide front wheel I picked up last year...and the conflicting tire size I'd planned to go with all along...oops (which I calculated my trail numbers in reference to)  I've picked up another wheel, earlier CBR vintage, and this one's 2.5" wide.  So on with the original plan.  110/80-17 front and 130/70-17 rear.  If for some reason I decide to go with wider tires down the line, I'll keep the 3.5" wide front, and my 4.00 wide rear can handle up to a 170 tire, as if the stock K3 swingarm will allow that....  And up to a 140 front on the 3.5" wheel.  Talk about a steamroller.
robe0531
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »

alan
that bike looks great with them forks and rims i was thinking about doing something like that myself
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:27:16 PM »

Thanks Rob!   If it works out well enough, and is rideable, I'll be making up a few extra sets of spacers so anyone can can bolt one up.
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »

Good to see someone is working on their bike! I tried to get the sv650 going yesterday but the battery was too low. I'm having some issues with it that I'm going to have to track down, but I'm right in the middle of rehabbing a Fender Rhodes piano.

Hey Ben, how's that project going?
UnCrash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

Hey, it's looking great!

You think your progress is slow?  Mine is a snail's pace in comparison  Grin

Where there's a will there's a way
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »

I've got some cool handmade alloy fork ears that relocate the headlight (painted to match) and directionals a little... they're painted the same graphite gray as the fork lowers, I've got fork gators, and I've got my wheels painted to match and clearcoated.  Wheels are early CBR front 3-spoke, and 90's nighthawk rear 5-spoke with drum brake, both are now wearing Michelin Pilot Activ tires.  I've still got to paint my frame and stands, battery box and chainguard too. it's got a dent that I need to hammer out and fill before painting.  I've got a long list of little parts I'm gonna get from honda, and I've gotta get those HD studs in and get that top end rebuild back together as well as get the tank prepped and painted. Swingarm is back from Hondaman and has been painted. So i've got a bit yet to go myself.
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »

I've finally got my K3 frame painted!

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=46082.0
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »

PHOTOS!!!

“Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »

I'll try to get some tonight.
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 11:53:45 PM »

OK, I've posted a good bunch of pics and done a bit of writing, Enjoy!
-Alan

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=46082.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:31:21 AM by Alan F. » Logged
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »

Very, very nice man! Whenever you are ready for another project, I will let you do the K2 project I have Grin

Connito

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:13 PM »

I hear there was some snowfall in Haverhill last night.

Check out these wheels - http://www.gizmag.com/go/5614/picture/23382/

Cheers,,
Peter

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: