99 cent special, a CB/CM400 build

<< < (15/52) > >>

frostypuck:
Quote from: Connito on August 04, 2010, 10:25:18 PM

I need quite a bit. 700ml at the very least. That's almost a quart. 

Yo Peter-
I've got a good bit left over from my rebuild, but I used a combination of 10 and 15, to make 12.5-ish. That way if I found that I wanted it stiffer I could pull some out and add in more 15, or if I wanted more bounce, I could pull some out and add in some 10. So, I have 10, 15 and my own mix left over. Let me know, and I'll leave it out for you.
Later,
Chris

andy750:
I also have some 15wt I think....maybe even 20 wt for the firmer ride ;)....but most likely not enough for your monster...

Connito:
Wow, thank you guys! It seems like I will gather enough from all of you. However, I would rather buy my own as soon I would have to rebuild another set forks. Do the Advance Auto or Autozone carry it?

Chris, I was actually wondering if I should mix 15wt an 20wt. A lot of people are going to 20wt on the Concours, but most say it's too stiff.

Thank you all and sorry for the hijack Alan!

frostypuck:
You're not going to find it at autozone or advanced. It is specifically a motorcycle product. Surprisingly, I did run across some at Walmart one time, since they have some stuff for ATV's and dirtbikes, but it was a really a really low viscosity, 7 I think, which is what those vehicles run.
Maybe you could use twice as much 7wt and that would make 14 weight. Just kidding- dont do that!!!!!!!
Also- for reference sake, Transmission fluid is about 7 weight, I dont think I've seen 20 wt except at the Harley shops.
good luck,
Chris

Connito:
Quote from: frostypuck on August 05, 2010, 08:23:31 AM

You're not going to find it at autozone or advanced. It is specifically a motorcycle product. Surprisingly, I did run across some at Walmart one time, since they have some stuff for ATV's and dirtbikes, but it was a really a really low viscosity, 7 I think, which is what those vehicles run.
Maybe you could use twice as much 7wt and that would make 14 weight. Just kidding- dont do that!!!!!!!
Also- for reference sake, Transmission fluid is about 7 weight, I dont think I've seen 20 wt except at the Harley shops.
good luck,
Chris

Thanks Chris! I suppose I would have to go to Greater Boston... Or perhaps I should buy it on line...

Have a nice trip!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page