New England Honda Guys
September 21, 2017, 03:34:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Riding?  (Read 5189 times)
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »

Very artsy! But put a cover on that thing!!

Have fun ploughing! We have a nice little snow storm going on here...view from the study at 8.50am...

No riding today Wink

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »

I wish I had a dirt bike and was 25 years younger. I used to love to ride around when it was like this on my old Yam 250.
Well Martha's sister's flight from Miami to Boston was cancelled this morning, I think it's going to be tough getting into Logan today.
Happy plowing Chris, and nice photos guys!
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »

Very artsy! But put a cover on that thing!!

Covers are for scooters.

Dissension based upon morality is how this country came to be.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

I just came back from a walk in the Arboretum and met the guy across the street (offered to help him shovel)....and turns out he had seen me with the VStrom....as he has a VStrom as well Wink. Same year, model etc. Very nice guy and I think he will fit into the group very well. I told him about here so hopefully he`ll sign up. There is another VStrom guy in Roslindale as well apparently.....

CB810K2 road racer
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »

I just came back from a walk in the Arboretum and met the guy across the street (offered to help him shovel)....and turns out he had seen me with the VStrom....as he has a VStrom as well Wink. Same year, model etc. Very nice guy and I think he will fit into the group very well. I told him about here so hopefully he`ll sign up. There is another VStrom guy in Roslindale as well apparently.....

The stroms are all waiting for the signal from the mothership, then the invasion will begin.

andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

First ride of 2010!!!!!!

This morning with snow still in the driveway I walked to the garage - it was 7.00 am, 22F, sun was rising, roads were dry. I slipped on the ice as I walked towards the gargae...ominious sign.....a brief thought crossed my mind..."should I take the train instead?"...Now that I was geared up no chance and I thought..."Nah whats the point of an adventure bike if there is no adventure ;-)".  So I back the bike out onto the sand-covered ice (I had put some sand down last night all the way to the dry road) and slowly release the clutch and ride over the sandy snow....it felt good to ride...had been +2 weeks since the last time.....I see some wet patches on the road and avoid these thinking they could be hiding ice....I continue down Jamaicaway which is thankfully devoid of any students who are likely still sponging off mommy and daddy. I get to work and get off the bike and walk the 150 yds to the door of the hospital brrrrr its cold in that wind....thank goodness for a fairing  Grin.

Looking forward to going home ;-)

cheers
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
Alan F.
Global Moderator

Miles away from everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »

I lack adventure. Thanks for sharing a little with me.  -A
UnCrash

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

I pulled the battery from my 919 last night to give it a nice warm rest next to my K6 battery in the basement. 

The next page in the owners manual talked about inspecting and blowing out the air filter.  Easy enough.... I opened the other side cover and saw that it was filled with pink fiberglass insulation  (well the picture is of the filter on my workbench).

Strange, I thought.  On further inspection I found lots of mouse poo. 

The bike was last ridden on Dec 12th, and that insulation came from the roof of my garage.  Now there's a bit of Duct Tape covering all orifices.  That's right, I said orifices.

Where there's a will there's a way
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 04:44:38 PM »

WOW that does look a lot like mice bedding (my ex-gf used to keep pet mice). Amazing! No wonder the bike was running rough...or would that be squeak :-D

good story!
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »

before pulling the battery did you check that the electrical stuff still worked?  critters tend to chew stuff....
-Alan
UnCrash

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »

before pulling the battery did you check that the electrical stuff still worked?  critters tend to chew stuff....
-Alan

I started the bike about an hour earlier and though it sounded just a little funny, but as it was 20 degrees in my garage I put the thought behind me... until I opened the sidecover.

Should I do something more to keep mice away?  I taped up all openings, and shouted at the top of my lungs at the mice.

Maybe mothballs?  I hate mothballs.

Where there's a will there's a way
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 10:02:44 PM »

I've used mothballs with good results. I keep a bag of them in the shed and haven't had any mice in my mowers etc. So there you go.
Chris

Alan F.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »

I started the bike about an hour earlier and though it sounded just a little funny, but as it was 20 degrees in my garage I put the thought behind me... until I opened the sidecover.

it was probably just the sound of a mouse being ingested and combusted...
at least all of your wiring seems intact.
-Alan
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »

Not to be too graphic, but one spring I went to start my backpack blower for the first time and expelled a family of mice that had taken up residence in the blower housing. Fortunately i had taken the blower outside of the shed before starting it. They were blasted out of there like it was a potato canon. Could have been fun if I had been prepared for it, as it was, I was simply mortified.  Shocked
Chris

andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »

Sunday 10th Jan - 10.30am - 14F (with wind chill = 0F).

Getting ready to leave..

warming up..

Exit pathway....

I have to say....this mornings temps exceeded my gloves ;-). My fingers started getting pretty cold rather fast so I was lucky it was only 4 miles to work. On the plus side I did see a scooter at the Jamicaway roundabout! I wasnt the only one out for a ride.

Hopefully it will be warmer before its time to go home...meanwhile May Lee has gone skiing at Sunday River...same temps there - its 0F on top  Cheesy

Sidebags were added in case I fell over  Grin

have a good day
Andy

CB810K2 road racer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: