New England Honda Guys
September 21, 2017, 03:33:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Riding?  (Read 5187 times)
lazyguy400F

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

I got out yesterday for a quick ride to motomarket, to check out the winter jackets. (I had to sand a track partway up my road to get out).  And I tried lighter gloves with the heated grips, and it worked much better. (and I closed the helmet vents this time).

I am just lovin' that v twin torque!

-peter

75 400Four- not quite as shiny as when I got it new...

'10 Guzzi V7 Cafe- wicked shiny!! wooo hooo!
Alan F.
Global Moderator

Miles away from everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »

Enjoy Peter, you've earned it. Smiley
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »

Saturday - beautiful sunny day and leaving the house at 10.30am it was 42F -perfect riding weather!

I was heading to see Phil in Taunton to pick up my All Balls bearing kit and K2 ignition that Phil had ordered for me. Rode through Hyde Park to get to Rt 138 and then Rt 24. Rt 24 was fast as usual and not my favourite road. For curiosity sake I hit an indicated ton and no adverse affects  Wink. Got to Phils with some feeling still in my hands so it wasnt so cold. Had some of Phils excellent Shepherds pie, saw his Rickman parts (very impressive), his new Ducati 900 and then hot the road to ride the back roads to Norwood to visit Chris (taking a very convoluted way as I got lost in the backroads)..

Passed the ice fisherman...

end of the day opposite the Old Irish Ale House...

Sunday - went skiing at Sunapee - great snow!

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
phactory

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »

Andy,

You're welcome! Yeah I kind of forgot to give you directions to Chris's house, didn't I... Oh well , that is the best way to learn!

Phil

"There are only two true sports: bullfighting and auto racing. The rest are simply games," Ernest Hemingway

1971 CB750K1
1973 CB750K3
1976 CB550F1

lazyguy400F

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »

Took the new toy to get an inspection sticker monday, and then just buzzed around for a while. What a difference on the highway, and everywhere else, too. It just goes...

Even bundled up, on a not too cold day, I was feeling the chill. I'm getting decrepit enough that I'm starting to understand the old guys who wear heavy overcoats in august, and seriously thinking of going the electric route with a heated jacket liner, even though that will strip me of what little manly-man status I have left. Anyone ever use one, any issues or problems? It would make it a whole lot easier to hit the road year round, even for long rides, which that beautiful new bike sitting in my driveway is just begging me to do. I'm most likely picking up a kilimanjaro jacket in the next few days, and seeing how that does, but heat seems like a really nice luxury.

Now if I can just find my glasses so I can find my walker so I can go get my teeth...don't want to miss the early bird special!

-gramps

75 400Four- not quite as shiny as when I got it new...

'10 Guzzi V7 Cafe- wicked shiny!! wooo hooo!
frostypuck
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »

Out today, took a pic of the bike with a rare Giant Panda.

Dissension based upon morality is how this country came to be.
UnCrash

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

I celebrated the removal of acute necrosis from a wisdom tooth (yesterday) by riding in to work today.   Grin Only took half of the prescribed vicodin to keep my senses sharp.

Where there's a will there's a way
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: