New England Honda Guys
July 26, 2017, 02:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hello there, another newb.  (Read 873 times)
brainface
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »

good evening all, I live in the boston area and i am looking to get a cb500 and a cb750 ready for spring.  i have a decent garage, and a little bit of know-how, but i need help with parts and some other jobs that i've never done before.   really looking forward to riding ALOT. this spring. 

looking forward to bothering y'all about parts and tips in the future.  i have a blog that i sometimes update at brandonplumert.blogspot.com
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:53:54 AM »

Welcome Brandon and good to see another Boston-based SOHC guy around. You probably bumped into Phil at Larz Andersen this year and never knew it. Where are you located? I am in Roslindale (also with garage). There are a few of us around and we meet at least once a month for beer night to swap parts and chat about bikes.

Your CB500 looks in good shape and the racing green is a very cool colour along with the 4-4 pipes. Whats the 750 like? and what does it need?

Also check out the Main Forum for lots more info and ideas...

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
brainface
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »

thanks guys, i'm doing a carb and ignition tune up on the 500 but i'm real sore for carb parts for it.  I need at least a new rack of carb bodies in good shape. i can put together the rest.

the 750 is getting new cylinders/ pistons, and maybe a new head because it took a bad fall and knocked quite a few "teeth" out. i've never done a 4-stroke top end job so its gonna be fun.

i live in jp, work in west roxbury, and my garage is in JP
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »

Ah I see so you are close to me then Wink. I am just next to Roslindale Square. Drop by anytime. I may even be working in the garage this weekend. I am on Conway Street...literally up the hill from the Roslindale commuter rail station.

cheers
Andy

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
Connito

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »

Hey welcome to the joint man! I'm Roslindale as well. We shuld get together some time.

Cheers,
Peter

“Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: