New England Honda Guys
September 23, 2017, 05:47:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Fellow Massholes  (Read 852 times)
knowsnothing

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

Hey guys! 

I live in Quincy and am new to this while old-Honda-fixer-upper-thing.  I bought a 78' 750k off of a guy in NH and was directed here by Andy750 after i harassed him about some local info on the SOCH4 forum (great place i might add).  So, does anyone know of a good powdercoater around here that wont make me get a second job?

Thanks,

Treeve

ps - I heard there is beer involved somewhere.......

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »

Hey Treeve,
You sound like you'll fit right in.
Keep an eye out for the beer night post update, I think there was talk about trying to get together at the end of this month.
I don't have any experience with local powder coaters, but had bookmarked this guy from Craigslist, who's in Plymouth and seems like he's looking for work.
http://lbcustomfab.com/services.html

Good luck with the '78. I'm in the process of totally rebuilding my '73 and most of the engine parts that I have replaced came off of 78 f's and k's. The top end lubrication ports on the top case and cylinder casting are better and I guess the clutch basket and plate stack is stronger as well.
All best,
Ben
azure
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »

BTW, I've lived in Mass all my life and think it's the best state in the country. I don't really relish being called a Masshole.  Schmuck or dolt would be OK though.
andy750
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:50 PM »

Good to see you settling in Treeve  Grin

CB750K4 (long distance bike)
CB810K2 road racer
DL1000 2003 - ice breaker
knowsnothing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info.  I have few craiglisters bookmarked as well.  I was hoping someone had some experience with one.  

I guess i will come clean.  I am not a native, i moved up here in '05 from MD and i still use my Rs.  I do agree though, MA has awesome people and Boston is an awesome city, but the weather is absolute crap.  I guess that's why everyone drinks so much, got to stay warm somehow.  

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: